- Customized facials are relaxing and effective skin-care treatments that take into account your personal skin-health goals.
- Customized facials can address most aesthetic skin concerns, including: acne, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, dry or oily skin, and even rosacea!
- Our experienced and professional staff at Pura Vida know how to formulate customized treatment plans to give you effective results.
Facials may seem like a simple skin care treatment, but when it comes down to choosing the right products, knowing the best way to apply them, how much, and in what order, they can become very complicated. The professionals at Pura Vida have the knowledge and experience to develop a facial customized for you that actually works!
We believe that everyone should see the skin-care results that they want. If you live in Howard County, or the greater Baltimore area, call or stop by Pura Vida for your customized facial!
Table of Contents
What Is a Customized Facial?
A customized facial is a facial that has been professionally formulated just for you! These treatments take into account both your personal goals for your skin’s health and beauty, as well as the fundamental needs of your skin type. Customized facials typically include any combination of:
- Mask application
- Specialized cream or serum application
- Skin protection (ex. sunscreen)
The best customized facial will be developed, with your help, by a skin-care professional.
Why Choose Pura Vida for Your Customized Facial?
At Pura Vida, we pride ourselves on achieving top results. Our customized facials are made personally for your skin type and will leave you feeling refreshed, revived, and nourished. Our goals are to enhance your energy, vitality, skin, and natural beauty. We customize our facial treatments to your specific goals, being mindful of the costs involved and ensuring that you are supported throughout the process.
Headed by Dr. Leslie Apgar, Pura Vida was established in 2008 and has earned a wealth of industry recognition for its excellent results and high level of patient care. It has also been featured in several publications, highlighting it as one of Howard County’s Top Medical Spas.
Benefits of Customized Facials
A customized facial is superior to a typical ‘catch-all’ facial because it is actively working for your skin’s needs. Customized facials are safer, more reliable, and can provide a vast number of benefits depending on what you want to see!
You should consider a customized facial if you are looking for any of the following skin-care benefits:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Fading sun-spots or age spots
- Evening out hyperpigmentation
- Diminishing acne (including acne vulgaris, blackheads and whiteheads)
- Managing oily or dry skin
- Easing the signs and symptoms of Rosacea
- Getting brighter, healthier-looking skin
- Seeing a smoother and more even skin texture
What to Expect During A Customized Facial
One of the most important steps for a customized facial is your one-on-one meeting with one of our skin-care professionals. During this meeting, you will discuss the goals you want to achieve for your skin, and your licensed practitioner will assess both your skin type and needs. It is through a combination of both your wants and the practitioner’s professional assessment that a perfect facial will be formulated for you.
On the day of your facial, you should expect your treatment to last about an hour, sometimes a bit more or less depending on the depth and range of your facial. While every facial is unique, we always address the four fundamental steps of a facial:
- Cleansing: At Pura Vida, we always do a two-step cleanse. One basic cleanse to get rid of any makeup, excess oil, or grime that has accumulated on the face during the day, and one treatment cleanse that preps the skin to begin your specific treatment.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation treatments vary for everyone depending on their needs. Those who want deeper exfoliation may require a chemical peel, while others may call for something like an enzyme cream or serum for a more delicate exfoliation.
- Mask Application: We offer a wide variety of face-masks and your practitioner will choose the best one to fit into your facial! The application of a face-mask after cleansing and exfoliation helps to re-hydrate and soothe the skin.
- Protection: Your skin will always be more sensitive after a facial, especially to things like sunlight. That’s why we always finish up our facials with a high-quality, organic, mineral-based sunscreen.
If you’re attending a special event, or simply want to enhance the beautiful results of your facial, Pura Vida offers additional services that can easily be combined with any customized facial. These include:
- Light to Medium Strength Peel: Facial peels use non-toxic, specially formulated solutions to resurface and exfoliate your skin. These light and medium strength peels help treat wrinkles, scars, and hyperpigmentation (or dark spots) for a more even skin tone and texture.
- Hydrafacial: Involves thoroughly cleansing the skin and applying a physical and chemical peel to nourish and detoxify the skin.
- Skinwave: A form of hydrodermabrasion that exfoliates and nourishes your skin, leaving it looking invigorated and refreshed.
A customized facial is one of the best ways to achieve the glowing, healthy, beautiful skin you deserve!
If you want to treat yourself to a professionally handled, relaxing facial treatment that will give you noticeable results, call or email Pura Vida today to book your personal consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone get a customized facial?
While almost anyone can get a customized facial, there can sometimes be extenuating circumstances that will limit the kind of facial you can receive.
Please let us know if you are undergoing chemo-therapy, or take certain prescription medications that damage or increase the fragility of your skin. These factors will limit what kinds of products and techniques can be used for your facial.
How often should I get a customized facial?
While clients often see a noticeable change in their complexion after just one treatment, it is important to return for follow up treatments. We recommend booking a customized facial once every four to six weeks to keep your skin clear and healthy!
When should I get a customized facial?
If you’re looking to get a facial before a vacation or an event we recommend booking your facial two to three days prior! Immediately after a facial, you may experience some redness or sensitivity in response to the cleansing and exfoliating products used to rejuvenate the skin, so it’s best to plan some wait time in between your facial and your big event!