HydraFacials are an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve the health and appearance of their skin. The treatment removes dead skin cells and impurities while infusing the skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums, leaving it looking and feeling smoother, softer, and more radiant. In addition to these immediate benefits, HydraFacials can help reduce the signs of aging over time by promoting collagen production and improving cell turnover. So whether you are dealing with acne breakouts or fine lines and wrinkles, a HydraFacial can help you achieve healthy, glowing skin.
Table of Contents
What is a HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial is a treatment that uses a special device to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize the skin. The device uses a combination of suction and light therapy to remove impurities from the skin while simultaneously delivering a blast of hydrating serums. HydraFacials are becoming increasingly popular as people seek ways to achieve glowing, healthy skin.
One of the main benefits of a HydraFacial is that it can be customized to address specific skin concerns. For example, the device can be used to target fine lines and wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, or dryness.
Another major benefit of HydraFacial treatments is that they yield immediate and noticeable results without downtime or skin irritation.
Why a HydraFacial?
Unlike a typical facial, HydraFacials are performed with a machine known as a Vortex Fusion delivery system that creates a swirling vortex and suction to dislodge and remove any dirt or impurities from the pores. While the machine sucks out the dirt, it delivers serums into the skin, improving its texture and tone.
HydraFacials take under an hour, and because the treatments don’t use steam, there is typically no redness or irritation following treatment. Another benefit of a HydraFacial is that the vacuum extractions are not painful and are highly effective at deeply cleansing your pores.
Types of HydraFacials
There are four main types of HydraFacial treatments: Signature, Deluxe, Platinum, and HydraFacial Keravive. Each type offers different levels of customization and additional features to address specific skin and hair concerns.
- Signature HydraFacial: This is the basic 30-minute treatment that deeply cleanses, extracts, and hydrates the skin using super serums filled with antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acids. It is suitable for all skin types and provides instant results.
- Deluxe HydraFacial: This 40 to 55-minute treatment includes all the essentials of the Signature HydraFacial while addressing specific skin concerns with the addition of HydraFacial’s boosters and LED light therapy. The Deluxe HydraFacial provides a more customized experience to target individual skin issues.
- Platinum HydraFacial: This is the ultimate HydraFacial experience, lasting around 60 minutes. It starts with a detoxification process through lymphatic drainage, followed by the Signature HydraFacial treatment. The Platinum HydraFacial also includes a special booster to address specific skin concerns and concludes with LED light therapy to help reduce the visible signs of aging.
- HydraFacial Keravive: This unique treatment is specifically designed to improve the health of your scalp and the quality of your hair. The HydraFacial Keravive uses a specialized Peptide Complex Solution to cleanse, exfoliate, and hydrate the scalp, promoting healthier and fuller-looking hair. The treatment also includes a take-home spray for daily use to enhance the effects of the in-office treatment.
Each HydraFacial treatment can be precisely tailored to address various skin concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and congested skin. Your treatment choice, be it the Signature, Deluxe, Platinum, or the specialized HydraFacial Keravive, depends on your specific skincare or scalp care needs. These treatments offer varying degrees of customization and come with different additional features to ensure you receive the most suitable and comprehensive care for your skin and hair.
Why Choose Us for Your HydraFacial?
Pura Vida is the leading provider of HydraFacials in the Maryland area. It is a professional, full-service medical spa owned and operated by Dr. Leslie Apgar, a board-certified doctor by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Pura Vida’s team of qualified skin experts is highly trained in the latest techniques and uses only the highest quality products. They offer a variety of HydraFacial treatments that are customized to meet your individual needs. So whether you are looking for a basic facial or more advanced treatment, they have a plan that will work for you.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for a HydraFacial?
Anyone looking for an invigorating, refreshing, and results-driven facial treatment may be a good candidate for a HydraFacial. The HydraFacial can help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture and tone. It can also reduce acne scars, hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, dullness, and uneven texture. The HydraFacial can be done on all skin types, including sensitive skin.
What to Expect from Your HydraFacial
The entire process takes about 45 minutes and is suitable for all skin types. During a HydraFacial treatment, different serums are infused into the skin, depending on the client’s specific needs. The three main steps of a HydraFacial are cleansing, exfoliation, and extractions, followed by an infusion of serums:
The first step of the HydraFacial is resurfacing, where the skin is exfoliated and deeply cleansed by removing the dead skin cells and excess sebum from the skin. Next, a mix of glycolic/salicylic acid is applied to loosen any dirt and oil clogging the pores.
Second, we use a diamond tip microdermabrasion wand to deeply exfoliate the skin, which helps to stimulate collagen production.
Third, we perform gentle pore extractions using our suction-tip device, which removes blackheads and buildup from pores.
Finally, we infuse the skin with hydrating and brightening serums customized to your specific skincare needs.
After just one treatment, you will notice improved skin tone and texture with no downtime. A series of 6 treatments is recommended for optimal results.
Before and After
Most people see an immediate improvement in the appearance of their skin following the procedure. However, it can take a series of treatments for the final results to show.
You will also see a marked difference in your HydraFacial before and after pictures. See below for more inspiration:
HydraFacials in Maryland can cost anything from $300 to $500, depending on the type of HydraFacial you choose, your provider experience, and the geographic location you choose to do the procedure.
Any add-ons or booster treatments may increase your cost.
At PuraVida Medical Spa, we offer an array of skincare treatments that work in harmony with our HydraFacials to give you the most comprehensive skincare solutions in the Fulton, MD and greater Baltimore Area.
- Signature HydraFacial: A step up from the traditional HydraFacial, the Signature HydraFacial offers all the benefits of cleansing, extraction, and hydration but adds an antioxidant protection step to detoxify your skin. This enhancement provides deeper rejuvenation and prolongs the radiance and smoothness post-treatment.
- Dermaplaning: This exfoliation procedure uses a sterile surgical scalpel to gently remove the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz). It can be an excellent adjunct to HydraFacial by allowing better product penetration and promoting a smoother skin texture.
- Neurotoxins: Neurotoxin treatments, including popular brands like Botox and Dysport, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the facial muscles. They can complement HydraFacial treatments by providing an overall smoother and youthful appearance.
Book Your HydraFacial Consultation
Pura Vida is committed to providing the best possible experience to its clients. It offers complimentary consultations so that they can assess your individual needs and recommend the best course of treatment.
Contact Pura Vida, Fulton, MD, to learn more about HydraFacials and whether they are the solution for your complexion goals.
Are HydraFacials safe?
While HydraFacials are generally safe and effective, in a small minority of people, there are some potential risks. For example, some people may experience irritation or redness following a HydraFacial due to the use of exfoliating or cleansing agents. If you are considering getting a HydraFacial, perform your research beforehand and talk to our qualified professionals to ensure you are taking the right steps to achieve optimal results.
How frequently should you have a HydraFacial?
The frequency at which you should have a HydraFacial will depend on various factors, including your skin type, overall health, and the specific results you hope to achieve. For example, some people may only need to get a HydraFacial once or twice a year, while others may find that they need to undergo this procedure more often to maintain their desired results. Ultimately, it is best to consult the skin care professionals at Pura Vida to determine the right schedule for your treatments.
How long do the effects of a HydraFacial last?
The effects of a HydraFacial can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the person’s skin type and how often they receive the treatment. For people with oily skin, the effects may only last a few days, while people with dry skin may enjoy the benefits for up to six weeks. Receiving regular HydraFacials will maintain the results longer than just one treatment.
Can you have a HydraFacial if you are pregnant?
No medically documented evidence proves that HydraFacials are harmful to pregnant women. However, as with any other beauty treatment, it is always best to consult your healthcare provider before undergoing any procedure.
When will you notice the results of a HydraFacial?
The results of a HydraFacial are usually noticeable after the first treatment. The skin will appear smoother and more hydrated. The results will continue to improve over the following treatments as the pores are cleaned, and the skin is better able to absorb the serums.