Table of Contents
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a non-invasive procedure where several sterile micro needles are pressed into the skin. These pricks create tiny micro holes that trigger the skin’s repair system to create new collagen and elastin fibers. Topical skincare applied right afterwards is also absorbed better.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
Microneedling causes a healing response in the skin that improves different kinds of scarring including acne scars & can help reverse skin damage caused by the sun. It is also beneficial to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and stretch marks. This is because microneedling helps to renew the skin and can stimulate the formation of collagen which is the foundation of skin.
Who is a good candidate for Microneedling?
- Fine lines or moderate wrinkles, uneven texture of the skin
- Moderate skin laxity (looseness)
- Diminished texture, tone, color, no ‘glow’
- Atrophic (depressed) acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Traumatic scars
- Sun damage
How many Microneedling sessions should I expect?
- For Facial Rejuvenation/Collagen Stimulation: Plan 3-5 sessions, each 2-4 weeks apart
- For Perioral (around the mouth) wrinkles: Plan 5 sessions, each 2-4 weeks apart
- For Acne Scars: Plan 3-6 sessions, each 3-6 weeks apart
- For Stretch Marks: Plan 3-6 sessions, each 4-6 weeks apart
Expect redness or even pinpoints of bleeding on days one-three after the procedure. By day two, most patients look like they have a sunburn and they may be dry. The skin is usually fully recovered by day four after the procedure.
Book a Consultation with Us
Book a free consultation at our practice. All consultations are no obligation and our friendly team of experts will be happy to talk you through the entire Microneedling process.