A popular treatment option for aging skin, Plasma Pen with Subnovii is a non-invasive, FDA-approved treatment that effectively reduces wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. Unlike traditional traditional cosmetic procedures, the plasma pen uses a small device that emits a high-frequency electric current to stimulate the skin’s natural regenerative processes. It requires no downtime and offers long-lasting results without the need for plastic surgery, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a safe and effective way to rejuvenate their skin.
Table of Contents
What Is A Plasma Pen Treatment with Subnovii?
Plasma Pen with Subnovii is a cosmetic procedure that involves the use of a device that generates plasma energy to tighten and lift sagging skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and treat various skin conditions, such as sun damage, age spots, and acne scars.
The plasma pen device delivers high voltage, low current electrical energy that creates a ‘spark’ over the treatment area. The spark occurs because of the interaction of the electrical current and specific gases in the air, which creates small holes, or micro-injuries, in the skin.
This micro-trauma stimulates the body’s natural healing response, targeting fibroblast cells, which produce collagen and elastin. These connective tissues are responsible for the reparation of damaged skin, resulting in a firmer, smoother, and more youthful appearance.
According to a 2019 journal article, the treatment is minimally invasive and the micro-trauma caused by the device:
- Results in tissue regeneration
- Causes plasma skin tightening
- Stimulates fibroblast activity and collagen production
The treatment can be used on various areas of the face and body, including the eyelids, neck, and décolletage. It can also be used to improve the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, and hyperpigmentation.
Plasma Pen with Subnovii Treatment Areas
Plasma pen technology is effective in treating many different body areas and concerns:
- Non surgical blepharoplasty: Our eyes are one of the first areas of the face that show the signs of aging. Crow’s feet, loose and sagging upper eyelids, and excess skin around the lower eyelids detract from an otherwise youthful appearance. The Plasma Pen treatment dramatically tightens the skin around the eyes, resulting in tighter, less wrinkled skin.
- Perioral wrinkles: Perioral wrinkles are the fine or deep lines that occur around the mouth and lips, including nasolabial folds, and marionette lines. Sun exposure, genetic predisposition and lifestyle choices like smoking may contribute to these telltale lines appearing earlier than desired. Plasma Pens increase collagen production, softening these wrinkles, resulting in a smoother appearance.
- Necklace lines: Plasma pen technology can be also used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin around the necklace line. The heat generated by the plasma arc stimulates the production of collagen and elastin fibers, which can help to smooth the skin.
- Acne scars: Plasma pen technology can be used to reduce the appearance of acne scars and other types of scars on the skin. The controlled micro-trauma created by the plasma arc can help to break down scar tissue and stimulate the production of new, healthy skin cells.
- Skin tags and other imperfections: Plasma pen technology can be used to remove skin tags, moles, and other skin imperfections. The heat from the plasma arc can effectively vaporize these imperfections, leaving behind smooth, healthy skin.
- Removal of cherry angiomas. Cherry angiomas, or “red moles” as they are commonly known by, can be found on many people’s skin. These small vascular growths are not cancerous and require no medical treatment, but many still opt for their removal for purely aesthetic reasons. Plasma pens are effective in removing cherry angiomas without damaging the surrounding skin.
Why Choose Pura Vida?
Located in Fulton, Maryland, we are well-known for our high level of customer care and personalized treatment plans. Our team of skilled aesthetic practitioners evaluates your individual needs, tailoring Plasma Pen treatments specifically for your skin type and goals, providing guidance throughout the entire process.
Our facilities are also world-class, and we have earned top awards from prominent medical associations across Howard County, for our cutting-edge research methods, alongside hands-on instruction with the latest technology, to stay ahead as a leader in aesthetic services.
Why We Use Plasma Pen with Subnovii
Subnovii’s Plasma Pen treatments offer a safe alternative to more invasive procedures like Botox or dermal fillers. Whereas dermal fillers and Botox are injected into the skin, the Plasma Pen causes micro-trauma, stimulating the body’s healing processes, resulting in a more natural, youthful appearance. Also known as a fibroblast skin tightening procedure, it elicits the body’s tendency to repair itself and its connective tissue by adding layers of collagen, which means that its effects last longer.
Unlike these other treatments, there is also no need for needles or anesthetic, which means less downtime and discomfort for patients. In addition, because Plasma Pen treatments don’t actually puncture the skin, there is no risk of permanent scarring or infection as there can be with more traditional methods.
Ideal Candidates for Plasma Pen Treatment with Subnovii
Plasma pen treatment with Subnovii can be used on a wide variety of skin types and concerns, making it a versatile treatment option for many people. However, the ideal candidates for Subnovii plasma pen treatment are typically those who:
- Have mild to moderate skin laxity, wrinkles, saggy skin, or fine lines on their face, neck, or other parts of their body.
- Have scars or stretch marks they want to minimize.
- Have pigmentation issues they want to address, such as age spots, cherry angiomas, or other hyperpigmentations.
- Want to reduce scarring left by acne or other skin conditions.
- Are generally healthy and have realistic expectations for the results of the treatment.
- Have not recently undergone certain medical treatments or procedures, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or certain medications that may influence skin healing.
- Have not recently had fillers, Botox, or other injectables in the treatment area.
Before & Afters
Most patients will notice an instant improvement in their skin following plasma treatment. Cosmetic enhancements will continue to improve over the following weeks as new collagen is produced in the treatment area. While patients will notice a vast improvement after just one treatment, a series of treatments spaced 8 – 12 weeks apart will deliver the best results. Notice the improvements in wrinkles and loose skin in the following before and after pictures:
What to Expect from Your Plasma Pen by Subnovii Treatment
A plasma pen is a cosmetic device that uses plasma technology to improve the appearance of the skin. The procedure for a plasma pen typically involves the following steps:
The first step is to have a consultation with one of our trained and certified practitioners to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. We will assess your skin condition and medical history and discuss your treatment goals and and expectations.
Before the procedure, your practitioner will clean and disinfect the treatment area and apply a topical numbing cream to minimize discomfort.
Treatment involves using a hand-held plasma pen device that emits pulses of energy over the affected area of skin. This energy creates tiny spots on the surface of the skin that help stimulate collagen production while simultaneously tightening loose tissue below it. The treatment usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
Recovery and Aftercare
Following the procedure, the treated area may be swollen and tender, and there may be some mild scabbing or crusting. Our trained professionals will provide instructions for aftercare, which include avoiding sun exposure, using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer, and avoiding picking at any scabs or crusts during the healing process.
It’s important to note that the results of a Plasma Pen treatment can vary depending on a number of factors, including the individual’s skin type, age, and the extent of the skin damage. Additionally, as with any cosmetic procedure, there may be certain risks and side effects associated with Plasma Pen treatments, so it’s important to discuss these with a qualified healthcare professional before undergoing the procedure.
Cost of Plasma Pen with Subnovii in Fulton, MD
The cost of a Plasma Pen treatment in Maryland varies between $400 and $1000, depending on the number of areas being treated, the complexity of the treatment, the expertise of the practitioner, and the location.
There are several alternative treatments to Subnovii plasma pen available at Pura Vida Fulton, MD that can address similar concerns. These include:
- Laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing uses a focused beam of light to remove the outer layer of skin, which can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and other skin imperfections. This treatment can be customized to address specific concerns and is typically done under local anesthesia.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels use a chemical solution to exfoliate the outer layer of skin and promote the growth of new, healthier skin cells. They can be used to treat a range of skin care concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, acne, and pigmentation issues.
- Micro-needling: Micro-needling uses a device with small needles to create tiny punctures in the skin, which stimulates collagen production and promotes skin rejuvenation. It can be used to treat a variety of skin concerns, including acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments: RF treatments use energy to heat the skin and stimulate collagen production, which can help to tighten and firm the skin. There are various types of RF treatments available, including monopolar, bipolar, and fractional.
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers are injectable substances that are used to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They can also be used to restore volume and contour to the face.
Book Your Plasma Pen Consultation at Pura Vida Fulton, MD
You deserve to have the best skin care possible. So why not let our team of skilled aesthetic practitioners make that happen for you? We’ll work with your individual needs and desires, tailoring treatment plans that are just right.
To learn more about Plasma Pen with Subnovii and whether it is the solution for your complexion goals, contact Pura Vida, Fulton, MD, today.
When should someone avoid a Plasma Pen With Subnovii treatment?
You should not undergo a Plasma Pen treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have an infection in or near the treatment site, are allergic to topical anesthetic creams, or have a history of keloids or hypertrophic scarring.
Can Plasma Pen with Subnovii be used on all skin tones?
The Plasma Pen with Subnovii is generally safe for use on all skin tones. Unlike some other skin rejuvenation treatments, the Plasma Pen with Subnovii does not rely on light or laser energy, which can be less effective on darker skin tones or carry a higher risk of adverse effects. Instead, the Plasma Pen with Subnovii uses fibroblast plasma technology to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin, which triggers the body’s natural healing response and encourages collagen production.
What products should I avoid before undergoing a fibroblast skin tightening treatment?
Avoid using retinoids or products that contain retinoids for at least one week before the treatment. Retinoids can increase skin sensitivity and may interfere with the healing process.
What are the side effects of the Plasma Pen Treatment?
Common side effects include slight redness and puffiness in treated areas which usually resolves within 24 hours, but with Subnovii’s Plasma Pen there is no risk of permanent discoloration or scarring as there is with other laser-based treatments.