As we grow older, our faces begin to show signs of aging. Collagen production naturally declines, and wrinkles form, in addition to noticeable volume loss and laxity.
Known as a non-surgical facelift, Sculptra is a unique, FDA-approved, safe, one-of-a-kind injectable that has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its ability to provide long-lasting and natural-looking results.
Unlike other facial fillers that focus on filling individual wrinkles or adding volume to specific areas, Sculptra works by stimulating collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. This leads to a gradual improvement in the overall volume and contour of the face, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Table of Contents
What is Sculptra?
A revolutionary and long-lasting filler treatment, Sculptra works by stimulating the body’s own collagen production in the skin through the injection of a biodegradable, highly diluted substance, poly-l-lactic acid. Since collagen is the body’s key to a youthful, smooth complexion, stimulating collagen production combats aging, leaving you looking refreshed and radiant.
It has been proven that Sculptra injections:
- Are minimally invasive
- Are safe and effective
- Produce quick results
- Cause little to no downtime
- Are not painful
- Treat facial scarring
- Reduce facial wrinkles
- Noticeably increase facial volume and elasticity
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
The Benefits of Sculptra Aesthetic Treatments
Cosmetic dermatologists and plastic surgeons worldwide have embraced this treatment option because of its safety and effectiveness. Sculptra also has many uses beyond just a facial “fill.” It is also used to:
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite on the thighs and buttocks
- Reduce wrinkles around the knees and elbows
- Augment or “lift” the buttocks
- Improve the appearance and definition of various muscle groups, including the gluteals (buttocks), pectorals (chest muscles), quadriceps (thighs), calf muscles, biceps, and triceps.
Why We Use poly-l-lactic acid for Sculptra Treatments
Most dermal fillers are smooth gels made with hyaluronic acid that restores volume to individual lines and wrinkles before it dissipates and is absorbed by the body. Sculptra, on the other hand, is made with poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), which when injected into the dermal layer of the skin, stimulates collagen production by providing a scaffolding onto which new collagen can form. PLLA also acts like a sponge and absorbs water molecules from surrounding tissue which helps plump up fine lines and facial wrinkles on the skin’s surface.
Through this combination of structural support and hydration-inducing properties, PLLA helps restore volume beneath wrinkles, increasing the skin’s elasticity while also smoothing them out over time.
The results of Sculptra injections last for two years, while other dermal fillers have to be repeated every few months or so.
Why Choose Pura Vida for Your Sculptra Dermal Filler Injections?
At Pura Vida, we understand that your skin is a unique and sensitive concern. Our practitioners are licensed professionals with years of experience administering Sculptra injections.
We have world-class facilities that are well-maintained, and run by friendly staff. We have also received a wealth of industry recognition and positive reviews for our outstanding results and client care. Finally, we offer various prices and package options to suit all budgets.
Good Candidates for Sculptra Dermal Filler Injections
Sculptra injections are a good option for people who want to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging on the face, hands, and neck. Good candidates for Sculptra injections are those who have the following:
- Mild to moderate facial wrinkles and lines
- Volume loss in the cheeks, temples, jawline, or other areas of the face
- Deep marionette lines, smile lines, and nasolabial folds
- Good overall health
- Realistic expectations for the results of the treatment
It is important to note that Sculptra is not recommended for people with a history of keloid scarring and should not be used on women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before and Afters
After your Sculptra treatment, you should expect to see a gradual increase in the volume of your face as the product works to stimulate the production of collagen over the course of several weeks.
You may also experience redness, swelling, and/or bruising at the injection site, but these effects should subside within a few days. Results from Sculptra treatments typically last up to two years, although individual results may vary.
It’s important to have realistic expectations and to understand that Sculptra is not a one-time treatment but rather a series of treatments that are needed to achieve optimal results.
You will see a vast difference in your Sculptra dermal filler injection before and after pictures. See below for some inspiration:
What to Expect
The aestheticians at Pura Vida will perform an extensive assessment, including your medical history, to determine if Sculptra injections are the right course of treatment. They will also perform an in-depth skin analysis to determine your areas of concern. Through advanced 3D technology, the team is able to gain a comprehensive overview of your complexion, including details at both dermal and epidermal levels.
Once it has been confirmed that you are a good candidate for Sculptra dermal injections, your treatment goals will be discussed. The team at PuraVida will then present you with a detailed, personalized plan. Pre and post-treatment photos will also be taken to compare the progress of your treatment.
During the Procedure
Sculptra treatments are typically administered in a series of injections over the course of several weeks or months. The number of injections required will depend on your individual needs and the desired results.
During the treatment, the practitioner will use a small needle to inject the vial of Sculptra solution into the targeted areas of your face. Each injection will be spaced 0.3 in from the previous injection. You may feel a slight pinching or stinging sensation, but these procedures are generally pain-free. Your practitioner will massage the area to ensure uniform distribution of the Sculptra after its injection. The procedure is relatively quick, usually taking around 15-30 minutes to administer.
After the treatment, you may experience some mild swelling, redness, or bruising at the treatment sites. These side effects are typically short-lived, lasting 24 to 48 hours, and can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication, anesthetic creams, or ice packs. You should avoid strenuous exercise, alcohol, and sun exposure for 24 hours after treatment.
Cost of Sculptra Dermal Fillers in Fulton, MD
The costs of Sculptra Dermal filler treatments depend primarily on the size of the area to be treated and your cosmetic goals.
For example, in Maryland, one syringe of Sculptra costs anywhere between $600 to $1000 per vial. Typically, a single vial will be enough for each treatment area, and treatment sessions will be spaced about six weeks apart.
Several alternative or complementary treatments available at Pura Vida medical spa can be used in conjunction with Sculptra injections to enhance the results or to address different skin concerns. Some of these options include:
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers, such as Juvederm, Restylane, Bellafill, and Hyaluronic Acid fillers, can be used to add volume to specific areas of the face, such as the cheeks and lips. They can also be used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
- Botox: Botox assists in temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles, such as frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet.
- Laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing can be used to improve the skin’s texture and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, facial aging, and age spots.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels can be used to remove the outermost layers of damaged skin, revealing smoother, clearer skin underneath.
- Micro-needling: Micro-needling is a procedure that uses a device with tiny needles to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin, which stimulates collagen production and improves the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and stretch marks.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): PRP is a treatment that uses the patient’s own blood to create a concentrated platelet-rich plasma that can be injected into the skin to stimulate collagen production and improve the appearance of deep lines and acne scars.
Book a Consultation With Us
The decision to undergo Sculptra injections should be made in consultation with our team of highly trained and experienced professionals to ensure the best possible results. To learn more about Sculptra and whether it is the solution for your aesthetic goals, contact PuraVida, Fulton, MD, for a free consultation today.