Spider or thread veins, rosacea, birthmarks and port-wine stains are skin imperfections that many of us would like to eliminate. In the past, they’ve been some of the trickier skin issues to treat. Luckily, DenaVe laser delivers excellent results with minimal downtime or side effects.
Table of Contents
What Is Vein Therapy?
Vein therapy is a blanket term used to describe the treatment of different types of vascular (vein) skin conditions, such as telangiectasias (spider or thread veins), rosacea, cherry angiomas or hemangiomas, as well as varicose veins.
Different therapies are used to treat different conditions:
- For less severe, benign conditions such as spider veins, rosacea, superficial port-wine stains and angiomas, lasers have proved effective in removing small superficial blood vessels without harming tissues that surround it.
- This non-invasive procedure uses concentrated light beams to target the red pigment in the blood, destroying the blood vessel, which the body then absorbs. It is virtually pain-free and has minimal or no downtime.
- More severe conditions such as varicose veins and deeper port-wine stains, a combination of different treatments may be used, such as minimally invasive as well as ablative laser, sclerotherapy and surgery, depending on the individual case.
At PuraVida Medspa & Cosmetic Laser Center, we have an excellent record for treating benign vascular conditions such as:
- Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory condition that causes redness, flushing and sensitivity mostly on the nose, cheeks, forehead, chin and eyelids. Small capillaries or thread veins are often also visible on the cheeks and nose.
- It affects both women and men, starting between ages 30 and 50.
- This is a serious medical condition that is permanent, unfortunately, and there is no cure as yet.
- Unless managed and treated, rosacea is progressive. Treatment may reduce its severity or send it into remission. Certain things, such as diet, stress and irritation may cause it to flare up.
- As it progresses, small red, pus-filled bumps may appear on the nose and cheeks. Severe rosacea may cause enlargement, pitting and lumpiness on the nose – incorrectly (and unfairly) labeled as ‘drinker’s nose’.
- Rosacea is managed using light therapies and rosacea creams.
Telangiectasia aka thread veins, spider veins or ‘broken’ capillaries
- Telangiectasia are called spider veins, thread veins or broken capillaries because of their appearance. They are small (the breadth of a hair), appearing superficially on the skin in single, disconnected ‘threads’, or they can appear in small clusters that look spiderlike.
- They are very common, especially in women. On the face, they are often found on or around the nose, on the cheeks and chin. They are also found on the body and legs.
- These are usually inherited, or may result from an injury to the skin.
- Treatment with vascular lasers is extremely successful
Superficial port-wine stains and birthmarks
- These vascular lesions are birthmarks caused by abnormal formation of small blood vessels, which create a purple or reddish color on the skin.
- Port-wine stains can vary greatly in size and severity. As the child grows, the lesion grows with them and can become darker. Left untreated, it can develop a thickened ‘cobblestone’ appearance. For this reason, it is advisable to treat it early. Older lesions are more difficult to treat.
- It may be related to other medical conditions, which will be determined by a medical practitioner.
- The gold-standard treatment is laser therapy, as it is most successful.
Cherry angiomas and hemangiomas
- Cherry angiomas are red moles formed when blood vessels cluster together on the surface of the skin. They vary in size from a pinhead to a small pea, are either flat or raised, and are found all over the body.
- These benign lesions are also called Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas.
- They are genetically inherited and very common. They usually appear from around age 30, becoming more common as we age.
- They are usually of no concern, but may bleed if irritated. If they change in appearance, shape or color, or bleed without provocation, however, you should see your doctor.
- Various methods are used to treat these imperfections, but laser therapy is considered the gold standard.
Why We Use DeNave for Vein Therapy
The use of laser vein treatment is desirable because it targets the red components in the skin, and it requires no needles or anesthetic.
For over 20 years, pulsed-dye laser was considered the optimal treatment for treating benign vascular skin conditions. However, it is painful and it could result in downtime and conditions such as purpura (bruising) or swelling.
With its fiber-optic technology, DenaVe laser is able to deliver the same high energy as pulsed-dye laser to vaporize vascular lesions. What distinguishes it is that it is able to do this in a highly personalized, selective and precise way.
Using DenaVe’s advanced EliteScan, we can tailor treatments for each patient. It allows us to use a pulsed or continuous beam, target large or small areas precisely and use different shapes that match the exact shape and size of the targeted blood vessels.
This gives us exacting control of the result and eliminates heating of the tissue that surrounds the target area, so damage to surrounding tissue is minimized. Discomfort, downtime or potential side effects are greatly reduced.
Treatment with DenaVe is well-tolerated, and it can be used on almost all skin types. Depending on your skin goals or issues, DenaVe can also be used in combination with other treatments for optimal results.
Why Choose PuraVida Medspa & Cosmetic Laser Center for Vein Therapy
PuraVida – “the good life” in Spanish – expresses in a nutshell what we’re about. Since 2008, our dedicated purpose has been to enhance the natural youth and beauty of our clientele, making us Maple Lawn’s premier, physician-led medical spa and laser center.
Our team consists of our Medical Director, Dr. Leslie Apgar, our highly skilled and experienced aesthetic medicine professionals and aestheticians, and our patient-welcome team. We perform the custom-designed, specialist advanced aesthetic and anti-aging procedures.
We have performed around 50,000 treatments on 7,000 clients. This has earned us accolades as one of the Top Medical Spas and Cosmetic Laser Centers in Howard County, and we’ve been featured in national publications.
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful, relaxing and luxurious medical spa in Fulton, Maryland and discovering your needs and goals. We will also assess and analyze your skin comprehensively. From there, we will develop a detailed personalized treatment plan to help you live your best life!
Ideal Candidates for Treatment
Many people with vascular skin issues believe they have them for life. Do you recognise yourself in one of these scenarios:
- Would you like to blush due to pleasure, rather than looking red-faced or flushing uncontrollably because of rosacea?
- Or maybe you feel uncomfortable about the spider veins that are very visible on your cheeks or legs?
For people who have them, the highly noticeable appearance of port-wine stains can make them feel extremely self-conscious. They relate experiencing emotional and social problems due to these birthmarks.
DenaVe laser offers a truly effective solution to reduce and eliminate these conditions.
This painless laser therapy with virtually no downtime is used successfully for people of all ages, skin types and ethnicities.
Before & Afters
What to Expect From Your DeNave Treatment
Treatment time depends on how severe the treatment issue is and the size of your treatment area. Set aside 30 minutes to be safe.
Unlike for many other lasers, no application of anesthesia is required when DenaVe is used because there is less discomfort. The integrated chiller on the hand piece cools the skin, which reduces heat and discomfort for the patient/client.
There is little to no downtime. You may experience slight redness and swelling immediately after the treatment, but this passes quickly. You may use makeup after treatment.
You may need several treatments to completely eliminate the problem.
How many treatments will I need?
This also depends on your individual skin, what condition you are treating as well as the severity of the condition. Typically, for instance, it takes between one and three sessions to eliminate spider veins. These can be done once every three weeks to two months apart.
How long will it take to see results?
It takes the body about three to four weeks to absorb the coagulated vessels. Results are usually visible then.
Recovery and aftercare
You won’t need recovery time, although there may be slight swelling after treatment. And areas that have been treated may appear a little darker than surrounding skin for a few days.
This means you can go about your life as normal, even wearing makeup.
Treat the area with a moisturizer. And, as with all laser treatments, wear a high-factor sunscreen every day.
PuraVida tailors each DenaVe treatment to your needs. A number of factors that will influence the cost of treatment, including your budget, the type and area of treatment, number of sessions needed, who the professional doing the treatment will be, so cost does vary. However, as a ballpark figure, laser therapy usually starts at around $155, and treatment usually ranges from $375 to $600. After our consultation, we will provide you with your personal treatment plan and price.
PuraVIda offers a range of top-tier anti-aging, skin-rejuvenation and body-sculpting technologies that are used alongside one another for a complete anti-aging result:
- We use injectables such as Botox, fillers and Platelet-rich Plasma to smooth lines and plump up skin volume.
- Light therapies include BBL Photo Rejuvenation Therapy to treat visible signs of sun damage and age spots. Cool Peel and VirtueRF are also part of our arsenal of tools, for the best results.
- Body treatments include EmSculpt and Physiq to sculpt bodies, as well as FemiLift for vaginal rejuvenation.
Book Your Vein Therapy Consultation
Do you have any vascular or general aesthetic concerns? We’re here to help! Contact us to book a personal consultation where we will answer all your questions, and book an appointment, if you’d like to go ahead. Our dedicated team of experts looks forward to meeting and helping you. Contact us or call 301.604.8432 (VIDA)!
What treatments does PuraVida offer?
PuraVida offers a comprehensive range of facial treatments including fillers and Botox and. light therapies for skin rejuvenation, vein therapy with DenaVe. Body treatments include EmSculpt, Physiq – for fat burning and body sculpting, and FemiLift for vaginal rejuvenation.
What’s the difference between pulsed dye laser and DenaVe?
Both are used to treat red-pigment skin conditions. DenaVe is more able to achieve a more targeted and effective result and it is less painful.
Is the DenaVe Laser safe for all skin types and skin tones?
DenaVe may be used on all skin types, mostly. A consultation will ascertain your skin condition, health history, etc., and give a final determination of your eligibility.
What does DenaVe Laser treat?
DenaVe is ideal for treating benign vein conditions such as rosacea, cherry angiomas, superficial port-wine stains and thread veins.
Is DenaVe painful?
DenaVe is much less painful than most lasers. It doesn’t require the use of anesthetic and it doesn’t heat the skin uncomfortably. There is minimal to no downtime.